IVFDF: Inter Varsity Folk Dance Festival

Legal Requirements


Remember that if you are organising your own bar, you need to apply for a licence in plenty of time. You should do this through your local council.

Public Liability Insurance is also a must. We got ours along with PA insurance from Music Pro http://www.musicproinsurance.com/ for a very cheap price. These guys are also recommended by EFDSS which sounded good to us.

For overnight venues, you are likely to need a fire certificate (unless they already have one). Generally, making friends with your local fire station a year in advance is highly recommended as they will be happy to give you as much advice as you need for free and will help you think about all the things you need to.

Seonaid Anderson (IVFDF 2000, 2002 & 2007)